I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing.

Izaak Walton

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Off to my club, dear boy...

Joined a rather exclusive club and what a good move it was. Beautiful place with miles of fishing. Paradise found - and all that.


After a few hours and a few fish I waded out and back to me faithful Defender to plunder the hamper. My usual fishing partner was elsewhere today so it was lunch for one, thank you very much.
Pork pie and a nice drop of 'claret' to wash it all down.


After lunch the fishing picked up and a number of hand sized trout fell to a small dry fly - despite my casting which, though I say so myself, is beginning to improve. I also managed a small trout on a pinkish nymph.
Took this photo mid-stream and far from the madding crowd...


Eventually, with an aching back and legs, it was time to call it a day. A very happy day, in fact. Loaded up the Defender and headed back to the club house for a sit down and refreshments.


I took a cold beer from the bar and relaxed in a comfy armchair and promptly nodded off.
A beautiful day.




No comments:

Post a Comment