I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing.

Izaak Walton

Friday, April 9, 2010

Enty Delivers



Entwistle Reservoir

Arrived to find 'Enty' ice free, reasonably mild and just a light wind. What a change from the last few visits.

With no sign of any other anglers I headed up to one of my favourite swims. Nothing was showing on the surface so I plumbed for an intermediate line and a black, gold-headed lure. And, within a few minutes I was into a very lively Rainbow. Safely landed and around 2lbs.

Moving around to the far side I ended the morning with three fish, all returned, I lost a few too. Hopefully, this sees the start of another season and all the snow and ice is behind us!

3 comments:

  1. Well done Alan, Thats a realy good sized trout in the picture, Looks a great water to fish, I just love the the arty bird, Thats a touch of class, Great report Alan,
    ,,,Paddy,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice rainbow, and good report.

    Hope to see more fishing action in this blog because i am gonna follow it.

    Greeting from Finland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have walked around Entwistle many times over the years but never fished it.

    Well done for getting out there.it is a stunning location.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete