I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing.

Izaak Walton

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Pikin on the Cut


Every morning, as I drive to work, I travel over the Bridgewater Canal in Stretford. This morning I'd thought I'd stop and chuck a few lures around, just to see if I could tempt a Pike or two. No such luck.

A couple of jacks snapped at my lures and I even hooked one for a moment or two, until a leap from the murky (and I do mean murky) depths threw the hook...ah well, there's always tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Well at least you are out there casting a line or two Alan, I think it is a very productive way of piking, And you never know the luck of the chuck, Hope you are going to have another go, Looks like a good water for some decent Perch to,
    ,,,Paddy,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Paddy,
    Oh yes, I'll be back for more.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete